Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I still don't get Australian Football

I don't understand Australian football. I've watched on TV a few times and found it fascinating. It's a blend of rugby, soccer, and American football, but even after several hours I had no idea what in the world was going on. This ad by George Patterson Y&R, Melbourne, is a lot like that. The ad is for the Australian Football League and does a great job of juxtaposing Australian football against just about any other major sport. So, while I have no real idea what the rules of the game are (yes, I have read the Wikipedia entry on it), the ad is fun and makes me want to watch the sport or even, play it.



Probably the added bonus for me is the use of the Dropkick Murphy's song, Shipping Up to Boston. I love that song. Either way, this ad definitely gets me to agree that the AFL is truly in a league of its own.

Here's a list of the credits:
Client: AFL
Agency: George Patterson Y&R, Melbourne
Executive Creative Director: Ben Coulson
Copywriter: Katie Britton
Art Director: Frank Muller
Agency Producer: Romanca Jasinski,
Mandy Celms
Production Company: Revolver
Director: Steve Rogers
Executive Producer: Michael Ritchie
Producer: Georgina Wilson
Director of Photography: Greig Fraser
Editor: Alexandre De Franceschi
Editorial Company: Guillotine
Post-production: Fin Design & Effects
Flame Artist: Justin Bromley
CG Supervisor: Stuart White
Executive Post Producer: Emma Daines
Post Producer: Billy Becket
Sound Design: Nylon Studios
Sound Designer: Simon Lister
Composer: Cornel Wilczek
Music Company: Level Two

No comments: