Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Dream Board

A few days ago I came across a post on BlogHer that really caught my attention. The post, written by Rachelle Mee-Chapman, is about the idea of dreamboarding or manifesting your dreams into reality and was introduced to the writer by Suzie Ridler. To directly quote the post, "Dreamboarding is a way of capturing your deepest hopes and offering them up to the Universe in physical form." The basic idea behind dreamboarding is "you put together words, images...pretty much anything that represents your dream together in one place to tell the universe, "I want that!" Both Rachelle and Suzie use a mix of images and words to represent these goals. Each dreamboard represents one specific goal.

As the idea of another Minneapolis winter begins to approach, I feel I needed to focus on what I would like for my future, what my hopes and dreams are, and express them to the universe. I have a feeling that a dreamboard is the perfect forum for that and definitely an option I'm opening to trying. Anyone interested in trying this experiment with me?

No comments: