Monday, October 27, 2008

Revenge of the alarm clock

My alarm clock clearly has a mind of it's own. This morning my alarm went off at what I thought was it's normal time, 6:30 am.

Usually, it goes off, I lay in bed and listen to the news, snooze a little until 7:15 and then get up. However, something was off this morning. The news came on: "Good morning, it's 7:30 on Monday and this is NPR." What?!? It was supposed to be 6:30. My clock said 6:30, but the news said something different. I raced out of bed and ran over to my computer. Definitely 7:30.

This meant I was running late – definitely a negative for a Monday morning.

For the next 30 minutes, while I showered, let Blue (my dog) outside and got dressed, I tried to figure it out. Clearly, daylight savings time had started and no one told me. But then wouldn't it have been 5:30 am, not 7:30 am. Maybe it was a conspiracy and someone had changed my clock? That seemed unlikely since no one had been in my house except Blue. It must have been Blue! Wow! She's brilliant. No, that was unlikely.

I called my dad. He confirmed that daylight savings time had definitely not started and asked if maybe I reset my clock in my sleep. Nope.

Well, after thinking about this all day (yes, I know this shouldn't have been my primary focus, but it was important!) I realized my clock had reset itself on Saturday night at 2 am since that's when daylight savings time used to occur. That means that all day Sunday I was living my day an hour behind, which means that when I went to bed at 1am, it was actually 2! Well, at least I have an excuse for my total exhaustion all day!

1 comment:

Missy said...

awww--great pic of Blue!